Thursday, May 29, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday

Yesterday, my internet was down all day. It really sucked. Like, really, really sucked. I never realized how bored I get when I don't have the internet. There's NOTHING on TV during the day, I can't access my design files because I store them in the cloud, most of my patterns are stored on Dropbox and the ones that aren't I printed out right after I learned how to knit and purl, so they don't even interest or challenge me, the house is as clean as it can get with 3 cats, a dog, and wood floors, and so on.

So, the day that started out as a Work in Progress Wednesday...

...quickly turned into Finished Object Wednesday, even though I'd intended for it to be done on Friday because Alliteration.


Now that that's done, I'm back to working on Whippoorwill.

I will beat this project!! I WILL!

I've only started, ripped out, and restarted three times now. I'm actually, currently un-knitting a few rows. I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but my stitch counts are always off. If it was like one or two, fine I'll throw a couple make ones in there and keep going. But we're talking like 50-90 stitches off.

I'm employing lifelines. I shouldn't have to employ lifelines.  The majority of the pattern is:

k2, yo, k1tbl, k to last 2 sts, yo, k2
k2, yo, p to last 2 sts, yob, k2

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT SEQUENCE THAT IS ALWAYS LEAVING MY STITCH COUNTS OFF?!

Sigh.

Part of me feels like I should be doing something for Nerd Wars, but since this is my first tourney, I have NO clue what I'm doing, so I'm going to wing it!

Edit to add: The finished object is Squish and is a free project on Ravelry. This is the second time that I made this pattern, and I did modify it some.

0 comments:

Post a Comment