Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War!

Once Upon a Time: Welcome to Storybrooke

I'm kind of a Once Upon a Time Junkie. (If you haven't seen it yet, the first two seasons are on Netflix, and the third should be making an appearance just before the fourth season airs.) Kind of might be an understatement. The spin-off wasn't really as good, in my opinion, but hey, if you want a bit of Wonderland, I'm not going to stop you.

So last night there was an impromptu hangout and I got to talk Nerdom with a couple friends, and then I remembered that over on Ravelry, Nerd Wars is currently picking teams and there is a Once Upon a Time (OUAT) team, so of course I was thrilled, and I mentioned it to the hangout and well... it's so much fun watching the nerd come out of people. I'm pretty sure I've got another OUAT teammate, and our super sciencey friend is planning on a thesis for doing a double knit scarf  (I think...could be doing a blanket too) of organized glass molecules for a thesis project (a project that will justifiably take three months to knit).

So this is my I'm super excited because I've found something to keep me occupied during the season break post. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I know that I'm going to have tons of fun making projects that are more than just something pretty to look at. Adding sentimental value to a project tends to make it more special, and of course, makes me less willing to part with it...and to date, I've given away 95% of all of the projects I've ever made. Including my first 15-20 projects which were all dish cloths in order to get practice mechanics, and give me a sense of accomplishment.

I don't know for sure when the first project challenges will be issued, but I'm super excited to get started. Until then, I'm plugging away on an improvised cowl. I need something to help keep me warm in the mornings and evenings (wind from the ocean, sheesh!) and to get the feel of a yarn I bought a while ago, but haven't used yet.

Expect a LOT of OUAT in the future...maybe I'll even dye up some more yarn to go in the Faerie Tale Fibers series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment